Kansas Housing Resources Corporation is currently seeking a Compliance Officer, this position is located in Topeka, KS and will:
- Complete compliance inspections of Tax Credit, TCAP/CE, Bond, Housing Trust Fund (HTF), FDIC, and HOME programs.
- Responsible for reviewing annual reports of the Tax Credit, Tax Credit Assistance Program (TCAP), Credit Exchange (CE), Bond, Housing Trust Fund (HTF), and HOME programs in a timely manner and according to federal and KHRC requirements.
- Monitor compliance of selected properties for continued program compliance and ensure all required timelines are met.
- Review owners’ responses to compliance reports and reply accordingly by issuing a final response or requesting additional information as needed and following up until inspection can be closed.
- Review program procedures and policies and recommend changes that increase efficiency and productivity.
- Review and respond to correspondents from owner, management agents, property managers, and/or residents regarding affordable housing programs.
- Respond to complaints regarding affordable housing programs.
- Provide information as requested for general reporting requirements as required by program regulations.
- Provide technical assistance to owners, management agents and/or property staff; including compliance issues, federal rules, state laws, rent calculations, and other related topics.
- Track performance data and other program information.
- Develop reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of experience in housing, public administration, banking, or social services. A combination of education and experience may be accepted as determined relevant by KHRC.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and strategies of housing activities.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret federal and state rules and regulations.
- Ability to interpret, organize, coordinate, and present information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public and private officials, co-workers and the general public.
We offer an attractive benefit package, which includes Paid Time Off (PTO), holiday pay, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and a retirement plan. Position has a starting pay of $23.75/hour.
To apply please submit your resume to Deanna Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply through Indeed.com
Kansas Housing Resource Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.